For over a 100 years the name Steetley has been synonymous with high quality Dolomitic lime and dead burnt Dolomite products for the steel industry.
Since October 2014, Steetley Dolomite Limited is fully owned by the Lhoist Group
, a global leader in lime, dolime and minerals (see our Press Release
for more details). Steetley Dolomite specialises in Dolomitic products for the steel and refractory industry.
In January 2015, Steetley Dolomite was renamed Lhoist.
From the UK, Lhoist supplies:
- Dolomitic lime flux for EAF and BOS steelmaking
- EAF monolithic refractories
- Dolomite grain for the manufacture of refractory bricks and monolithics
- Fine dolomite for filler and neutralising uses
- Lhoist Dolomite products can be supplied worldwide
Lhoist Dolomite products are manufactured under quality systems which are certified to ISO 9001:2008.
Lhoist operates Environmental Management Systems which are certified to comply with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.